5 Common Blackjack Blunders

Luck isn’t the only thing you’ll need at the casino if you’re looking to try your hand at a game of blackjack. While a little good fortune certainly helps, you should also be able to identify and avoid the most common blackjack mishaps. Here are a few blunders to be aware of to to take your card playing to the next level.

Blackjack Hand

  1. Taking even money. No one wants to miss out on a surefire payout, and that’s what people assume they’re getting when they take an even bet — but is it actually as good as it seems? Short answer – no. When you have blackjack and the dealer shows an ace, there’s a 31% chance he also has blackjack, so that leaves a 69% chance he doesn’t. If you were to bet even, you’d be missing out on the chance to win 1.5 times your bet.
  2. Standing on a soft 18 against a dealer’s 10. When you stand on a soft 18, you’ll sadly lose more than you win. When you hit, you may also lose more than you win, but not as much as when you stand. So your best bet is to always hit and hope a stroke of luck comes your way!
  3. Not doubling 11 against a dealer’s 10. The chances of a dealer making the pat 20 are less than your chances of getting a 20 or 21. So, while doubling down might decrease your odds of winning slightly, it will increase your potential profit margin if you do win.
  4. Playing a soft hand with three or more cards. With a soft hand containing three or more cards, casino rules won’t let you double down, so what now? Just follow these two simple rules – if you have a 17 or less, always hit and if you have an 18 or more, stand; EXCEPT against a dealer’s 9, 10 or ace.
  5. Doubling for less. When you double down, your overall gain from the extra bet is always greater compared to your overall gain if you were to hit or stand. When doubling down, abide by the “go big or go home” principal and always double down for the full amount of your original bet.

Are you ready to test your blackjack skills with friends, family and co-workers? Allow Casinos by M&M to bring the authentic casino party experience right to your venue!

To learn how you can book a blackjack table and dealer for your next event, or to see a full list of our party planning service, visit our website or call us at 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today!

Contact Us

Contact Us

Our Location

© 2023 M&M Entertainment. All Rights Reserved
Powered by WebDesignYou Corp.