Check some holidays gifts off your shopping list early this season! If you’re looking for the perfect gift for the poker-loving, casino buff in your life, we’ve got you covered.
1. Custom Playing Cards – The best part about this gift idea is that you can customize it for any casino lover on your list. Best friend or significant other? Feature some of your favorite photos together. Cat-loving boss? Well, there are plenty of cat photos to go around!
2. A New Watch – It’s easy to lose track of time while hitting the tables, especially in a casino setting where time seems to always stand still. A shnazzy new watch is a great accessory for both everyday wear, as well as weekends spent hitting the Atlantic City strip.
3. Casinopoly – The Monopoly masterminds are back at it again with the latest game variation, Casinopoly! Your loved ones will enjoy all the classic fun and excitement of the original Monopoly, with some casino flair.
4. A Poker Set – Is there any better gift for a poker enthusiast than a new set of casino quality playing cards and poker chips? We didn’t think so!
5. Gambling Books – Help your loved ones brush up on strategies for their favorite casino games with some light reading. There are plenty of great how-to’s and handbooks out there to try.
What will you be getting the casino buff on your holiday shopping list this year? We’d love to hear all of your ideas on our Facebook page!
Casinos by M&M is a casino & DJ party company serving the Tri-State New York area. We specialize in authentic casino parties and party supplies. Our charismatic, professional dealers and exciting casino action will make your next party one to remember. For more information about our services, visit our website or dial 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST!
The game of poker is strategic in more ways than one. Not only is your knowledge and skill of the game important, but your personal character and body language can make or break a hand. With so many different strategy types to mix, mold and adopt, it’s no wonder that no two poker players ever play the game exactly alike. There are however, four main style categories that most players can be generalized into.
The tight-passive player, commonly referred to as “the rock,” is only looking to play premium hands – aces, kings, queens, and the like. He’ll rarely take a chance on lower hands and doesn’t make a habit of betting or raising. If a rock is raising you, they’ve definitely got a good hand up their sleeve.
The loose-passive player, also known as “the calling station,” is big on calling, but shy on raising. No matter their hand, they’ll usually take the risk and play on most starting hands, but they rarely up the ante. This style is adopted by many beginners who haven’t quite developed a full understanding of the game, or are yet to hone their skills.
The tight-aggressive player, or the “TAG,” is selective with the hands that he or she plays, but often bets or raises. This strategies helps to simplify the game, eliminating losses from poor starting hands. However, the TAG is usually easily readable and easy to anticipate.
The loose-aggressive player, called the “LAG,” plays many hands and is known to bet or raise frequently. This strategy is highly risky, but when used effectively, as demonstrated by some poker professionals, it can produce large payouts. Typically, adopting a LAG playing style is characteristic of more seasoned, experienced players.
Do you, or any of your poker playing buddies fit these categories perfectly? We’d love to hear all about it on our Facebook page!
At Casinos by M&M we welcome all types of poker players and have a wide variety of available game play variations with table styles to match! Whether you want a traditional, octagon style table, or a good-old hold’em table, we’ve got authentic casino-grade poker tables for any occasion. But that’s not all! Our professional and friendly dealers are trained to provide you and your guests with step by step instruction, so you can all play with pride.