If you’re ever stepped foot in a casino, there’s a good chance you’ve found yourself standing around a roulette table crossing your fingers for your numbers to hit! Like most popular casino games, the myths revolving around roulette certainly abound. That’s why we’re here to bust some of the most common myths right now.
Myth #1: Every roulette wheel is exactly the same.
Half true. While all American wheels are the same, and all European wheels are the same, the two types differ from each other slightly. European wheels have only 37 slots, while American wheels have 38. This changes that house odds from 2.70% to 5.25% respectively.
Myth #2: Numbers or colors that have hit previously have an effect on future outcomes.
False! No matter what has been played before, the odds of each individual spin are always exactly the same. The odds of hitting red or black are always 50/50, and the chances of hitting and particular number are always 1 in 38.
Myth #3: A good mathematician can beat the roulette odds.
Unlike in blackjack, there’s no way to predict which numbers will hit in roulette. This is because, as we said, each spin is completely independent of the previous, as well as the next.
Roulette is completely left to chance with no strategy required, which is what makes it so appealing to novice gamblers. If you’re looking for a game that every one of your guests can enjoy equally, roulette is definitely the entertainment option for you!
To learn more about booking a roulette table for your next event or party, give Casinos by M&M a call at 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today — and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ for more fun gaming facts and party planning tips!
Are you planning to hit the casino over the long holiday weekend? If so, we’re sure you’ll want to know which games to bet big on and which to skip altogether. Here are a few of casino games that we found to have the best odds, and those that have historically had the worst.
Now that you know which casino games to gamble on and which to leave alone, how about trying your luck at your own casino party before hitting the big leagues? At Casinos by M&M we offer a wide variety of casino games with authentic casino-grade tables to match!
To learn more about the services and games we can provide, click here to view our website or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter for the latest in gaming tips and trends!
The origins of roulette date back to the 17th century, when French inventor Blaise Pascal created the first roulette wheel. Pascal had been studying probabilities and invented the wheel as an accident, looking to create a perpetual motion machine. The roulette wheel quickly became a popular gambling staple in Paris and before you know it, it made it’s way over to the United States. Since it’s creation, the roulette wheel has undergone several reconstructions, mainly to improve the house odds. Here’s a quick look at the game setup, rules, and what it takes to win:
The Table: A roulette table has a wheel at one end and a numbered chart in the center of the other. The chart has three columns of twelve, numbered from 1-36 and pictured on a red or black background. There are also two boxes above the “1, 2 and 3” for 0 and 00. These make up the possible “inside bets.” To the side and bottom of the numbered boxes there are boxes for “outside bets,” which will be explained later on.
The Wheel: A standard roulette wheel has 38 numbered slots picturing numbers 1-36, 0 and 00. The background color of each number – red or black – will match what is shown on the table grid. The dealer spins the wheel in one direction and a small plastic ball the opposite direction. Whichever number/color combination the ball stops on is what hits for that round.
The Objective: In order to win in roulette you must bet on a space on the table that corresponds with the number that has hit. Depending on how you bet, you may win on exact number, color, even or odd, or a combination of all three.
The Rules: When making a bet you must place the amount of chips you’d like to wager on your desired inside or outside bet. There are a ton of ways to bet on a roulette table, but here’s a quick breakdown of the two basic types:
The best part of this game is that it’s completely up to chance, which makes it perfect for players of all experience-levels!
At Casinos by M&M, we offer authentic roulette and friendly dealers to provide step by step instruction on various better options. To learn more about booking a roulette table for your next party or fundraiser, call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST.
Casinos are a staple of good old-fashioned fun worldwide. Why? Because not only can you press your luck and double your money, but there are ample opportunities and tons of great games to help you do so! With so many game choices, there’s something for everyone – regardless of skill level, experience or personal preference. Here’s a list of the top 5 casino games that people love to play:
1. Blackjack – This classic casino game is often one of the first table games that beginners learn. It’s straight-forward rules and quick game-play make blackjack a much sought-after staple element for casinos and casino parties alike. Plus, its the only game in the casino where the player has better odds than the house!
2. Craps – It is said that this high-intensity casino favorite was originally invented over 1000 years ago in Arabia, making its first appearance in the United States in New Orleans. If you stand around any craps table, you’re bound to be sucked in by the contagious thrill of this dice-driven game.
3. Roulette – The best part of this game is that it’s completely up to chance, which makes it perfect for players of all experience-levels. Place your bet on your favorite number, your birthday, the last two digits of your license plate – whatever you choose – and let your fate be decided by the spin of a wheel!
4. Baccarat – This game is noted for having high payouts for winners, which makes it a great choice for the high-rollers in your family and out of your friends. The freedom to bet on multiple different aspects of gameplay make this one an obvious addition to the top 5!
5. Three-Card Poker – What’s a casino without a few poker tables? Of the many poker variations, 3-card is a classic and is one of the most popular. This is due in part to its simple structure and high probability of a good return on your chip investment!
At Casinos by M&M, we offer all of these game options and more! Our authentic tables are in pristine condition, and our friendly dealers are sure to be a hit. To learn more about booking our casino games for your next party or fundraiser, click here or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST.