The Pros and Cons of Online Poker
As internet capability and accessibility grows, so does the popularity of playing online poker. For the first time, poker players are able to bring the game right into their own homes, on their long car rides, and even into their workplaces! From online websites, to iPhone and Android phone applications, the game of poker seems to be everywhere. But, is this actually a good thing? We did a little bit of digging and came up with a list of pros and cons to playing online poker, in comparison to playing a real-life game in person. Here’s what we found:
- Variety and Availability: Playing online allows players to pick and choose from a wide selection of poker varieties that are not normally all available for play within the same casino. Not only is there variety in type of game, but there’s a large selection of available tables to play on. Playing online means you have the ability to play on multiple tables at one time, potentially doubling and tripling your hourly winnings, which is certainly not possible in a casino.
- Cost: Online poker is much cheaper to play than in-person games. With a web-based game, you cut out the dealer costs, as well as the costs of table and facility maintenance that casinos take into consideration when setting table minimums.
- Convenience: As we mentioned above, the internet allows for easy access to poker from anywhere in the world. Now you can play from your own living room, in your pajamas, and not have to worry about keeping a straight poker face!
- Fast-Paced: When playing an online game everything is instant. There are no pauses to count bets or payouts, as each action is automatically calculated electronically. Not only does this make the it easier to lose more money in a shorter amount of time, but it takes away from the authentic thrill and enjoyment of the game.
- No Tells: The biggest advantage when playing poker is the ability to read your opponents’ body language. Without being able to see the other players you’ll have a more difficult time deciphering if players are bluffing or not, which can drastically impact gameplay by making all wagers more risky.
At Casinos by M&M, we love the idea of bringing the game of poker right into your home, while still keeping the authenticity of real-life gameplay action. With our high-end poker tables and world-class dealers, we can turn any room in your home into an in-house casino! To learn more about how to book a poker table for your next casino party or friendly gathering, visit us on the web or dial 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today.
Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter!