The expression “fake it till you make it” has never been more true than at the poker table. Bluffing has become as much a part of the game as the actual cards are, and people are always looking for ways to improve their bluffing skills. If you’re looking to try your luck at the poker table soon, check out these tips on how to become an expert bluffer.
The Telltale Signs of a Tell
Before you can fix something, you have to know what you’re looking for. So before you can become a successful bluffer, you need to know what your tell is. Play a friendly game of poker with family and ask them to give you hints about what you do when you have a good or bad hand.
Know Your Bluff
Is your hand decent, but not great? Then you’re probably going to want to do a semi bluff. This is when your hand is okay, but you are confident it will get better as the hand progresses. A whole bluff on the other hand is much more difficult. If you’re dealt a horrible hand right out of the gate, you’re best bet is probably to fold. But if you decide to stay in, you better be either very skilled at the game or very skilled at bluffing.
Timing is Everything
You shouldn’t be bluffing throughout the entire game, so when is the best time to bluff? The rule of thumb is never bluff if you’re the first one up to bet. Instead, hold off on bluffing until your position to bet is later — this will let you analyze other players bets and possible bluffs.
Learn Other People’s Tell
A game of poker can last a while, so don’t jump into bluffing right away. Spend the first few hands playing your cards straight and studying other’s body language. If you play with the same friends every week you’ve probably already learned most of their tricks, so to really test your skills, try out a new group or table at a casino.
Practice, Practice Practice
Bluffing is a skill that takes time and practice to master, so before you hit any Las Vegas, $100 table minimums, have a few friends over for poker night. You’ll have a great time getting together and have a chance to perfect your new skill.
Looking to test your bluffing skills at your next poker night? Why not practice with real equipment, and professional dealers? Just call Casinos by M&M at 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST or visit our website to learn how we can help make your next gathering a night to remember.
While it’s always fun, playing poker may not always be so rewarding. With so many intelligent minds at the table all vying for the same pot, it’s quite difficult to come away with a win each time. Lucky for you, we’ve got three great tips to help you win more, and lose less!
Think you’re ready to put your poker skills to the test? Why not do it in style with an authentic poker table and professional dealer from Casinos by M&M?
For more information about our casino party games, visit our website or give us a call at 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today.
It has often been said that the ability to bluff, and bluff well, is what sets a good poker player apart from a great one. Well, here at Casinos by M&M, we couldn’t agree more! Learning how to pull off a bluff in a game of poker can completely change your odds and help you win the pot — but only if it’s done right!
Ready to test your skills and bluff your buddies at your next casino party or poker night? Why not up the ante a bit more with some authentic casino poker tables as well? Our tables are available in a variety of different game types and come equipped with a friendly, knowledgeable and professional dealer. What more could you ask for?
To learn more about how to reserve a poker table or any other casino game for your next get-together, visit our website or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST to speak with one of our owners. Don’t forget to connect with us on Facebook, Twitter and Google+ as well!
Playing poker has become such a staple in the entertainment industry that it’s even made its way onto the big screen! Not only has the game been featured or mentioned in many movies, but there have been several films specifically centered around the poker and casino culture as a whole. With the holidays approaching, you may have some time to kick back, relax and revisit some of your favorite Netflix classics.
If you need help choosing a flick, look no further! We’ve searched high and low to bring you the top 5 poker movies of all time, and here they are:
5. The Grand – Get ready to laugh until it hurts with this 2007 improvisational comedy. Watch as some of your favorite comedic figures interact with some of the pros and in a completely unscripted poker tournament at the Golden Nugget.
4. The Cincinnati Kid – Everyone loves a good underdog story, and this 1965 classic certainly delivers. Watch as an up-and-coming poker player goes up against a well-established professional. Can you guess how the tables will turn?
3. Maverick – This comedic western brings the talent of Mel Gibson, the grace of Jodie Foster and the 1950s television show which shares its name to life on the big screen. Watch as these established con artists try to trick their way through the poker system.
2. Rounders – Mike McDermott, played by Matt Damon, was a reformed and recovering gambler — but not for long! When he finds his long time friend caught up in a whirlwind of debt and loan shark dues his only option is to return to the high stakes poker tables!
1. Casino Royale – Who doesn’t enjoy a good old fashioned James Bond flick? We sure do, especially when it involves high stakes poker and deadly weapons. Talk about action!
Has all this poker talk and poker movie watching got you in the mood to have a poker party of your own? If so, Casinos by M&M is here to help, providing only the most authentic tables and most knowledgeable dealers in the industry.
To learn how we can make your next poker night or casino party a success, click here to visit us on the web or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST to speak with one of our owners directly today!
Do you love playing poker, but wish you could win a bit more than you lose? Here are a few simple tips to help you improve your poker skills and take home the pot!
Tip #1: Don’t be afraid to fold. Playing every hand isn’t always best. In fact, it’s a common misconception that the more hands you play the better your odds. This is false and in actuality, failing to fold on bad hands will actually decrease your odds and make you lose more.
Tip #2: Keep your composure. It’s easy to toss back a few too many while sitting around the table with some buddies for a poker night, or even whilst playing in a casino, but that extra beer or martini can cost you. Poker is a real “thinking game” which means your head must be clear at all times!
Tip #3: Hold the bluffs. While bluffing can be a very effective technique, it’s important to know when to bluff and when to fold. In order to successfully bluff, the situation must be perfect and you must be able to read your opponents perfectly.
Tip #4: Don’t let emotions get in the way. Playing poker when you’re mad, sad or in an overall bad mood can be detrimental to your money pile. Letting your emotions get the best of you can cause you to make bad or rash judgement calls.
Tip #5: Pay attention! Make sure you’re keeping track of the cards that have been dealt and the moves that your opponents are making. Even after you fold, it’s important to continue to pay attention in order to understand and read your opponents for upcoming hands.
Do you have any great poker advice for fellow players? We’d love to hear all about it on our Facebook page!
When it comes to playing poker practice makes perfect, so why not practice with your friends and family at a casino party or poker night thrown by Casinos by M&M? We’ve got a wide variety of poker variations with authentic tables to match.
To learn more about our available games and services, click here or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST.
One of the most difficult things to grasp as a new or novice poker player is that the opportunities to win and the winning hand combinations are seemingly endless. With so many rules and an overabundance of cards, every single hand is completely different than the last. Luckily, while the actual card ranks can vary, there are only ten basic poker hands that can be made:
1. Royal Flush – If you’re holding an Ace, King, Queen, Jack, and 10 suited, you’re in luck! A royal flush is the best poker hand you can have, taking it’s “royal” name from the court cards that make up its majority.
2. Straight Flush – A step down from it’s royal superior, a straight flush includes any five cards, suited and in sequential order.
3. Four of a Kind – As its name suggests, this hand is made up of four cards of the same kind, one of each suit, and a fifth “kicker” card. Should two players have the same four of a kind, the player with the higher kicker wins the hand.
4. Full House – A mixture of three of a kind and a pair make up a full house. For example, having three aces and two kings would be considered “aces full of kings,” and is the highest full house hand possible.
5. Flush – Any five cards suited makes a flush, but while all five cards must share the same suit, they do not have to be in consecutive order. The highest card in the hand determines the flush’s rank.
6. Straight – The complete opposite of a flush, a straight must be consecutive but does not have to be suited. Again, the highest card in the straight determines the strength of the hand.
7. Three of a Kind – Similar to the higher ranking four of a kind hand, three of a kind consists of three cards of the same rank unsuited and any two others. The additional two cards do not have to be of equal rank or suit, but the higher they are the better.
8. Two Pair – If you’ve got two kings, two queens and a jack, that’s an example of a two pair. As long as you have two pairs of cards, each with matching rank, you’ve made the hand. The highest pair you’re holding will determine the strength of the hand.
9. One Pair – Just under the two pair is the one pair, consisting of only one pair of cards with matching rank and three additional cards. While this is usually not the winning hand, the higher the pair, the better!
10. High Card – When all else fails and your hand doesn’t fit any of the above requirements you’ve got a high card hand. If it comes down to it, the person with the highest ranking card wins the pot.
Now that you’ve got the basics down, how about trying your luck at your own casino party before hitting the big leagues? At Casinos by M&M we offer a wide variety of poker game variations with authentic casino-grade tables to match!
To learn more about the services and poker games we can provide, click here to view our website or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter for the latest in gaming tips and trends!
You only have about three weeks left to plan a flawless 4th of July party.. Are you panicking yet? Well don’t worry, because we’ve got the perfect idea. How about celebrating Independence Day with a good old American pastime this year? ..Poker!
Here are some great tips to make your patriotic poker party a blast:
Decorate! A vibrant mix of stars, stripes and poker chips should do the trick. Get creative with your decor while merging the two themes into one. The most important thing to remember is to stick to a red, white and blue color palate. (These patriotic playing cards from Amazon.com would be a great party favor!)
Dress the part! Ask your guests to come in the patriotic casino garb of their choice. For example, the “big time high rollers” might opt to wear suits with American Flag ties. Encourage red, white and blue cocktail dresses for the ladies, and remember to pick up some traditional dealer visors so everyone can look the part.
Supply the games! What’s a poker party without some poker tables? Casinos by M&M supplies top quality, authentic poker tables for any occasion, equipped with the best pit bosses in the industry. Make sure to keep it interesting with several different poker variations for your guests to play. We can supply tables for Texas Hold’em, Caribbean Stud, 3 Card Poker and more!
BBQ it up! Did we even have to mention this one? Nothing says 4th of July quite as well as burgers grilling on the barbecue. Stick to tradition with conventional barbecue food, but be sure to toss in a signature drink in the spirit of casino gameplay. Need some beverage inspiration? Click here for a quick and easy holiday themed cocktail from famous chef Guy Fieri!
Follow these simple steps and your 4th of July party will be one for the books!
Casinos by M&M provides an authentic casino experience, equipped with entertaining dealers and personalized fun money to get the bets going. To learn more about our product offerings and how you can book a poker table for your patriotic party, visit us on the web or dial 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST.