8 Rules for Casino-Goers to Live By
A casino may seem like it’s all fun and games, but if you’re unfamiliar with the basic rules of gambling you’re in for a rough ride. These eight easy rules will ensure you have a great experience the next time you place a bet:
- Don’t Cheat: The laws regarding card counting vary by region, but in the eyes of the house, it’s always considered cheating. So, don’t be surprised if you’re promptly kicked out once the dealer catches on.
- Steer Clear of Side Bets: Ask any serious gambler about side bets and they’ll tell you, side bets are sucker bets. Avoid them at all costs.
- Pay Your Debts: If you did make the mistake of making and losing a side bet, be a gentleman and pony up the cash you owe. “A Lannister always pays his debts” — be a Lannister.
- Expect to Lose: Casinos are a business first and foremost. They STAY in business because people lose. No matter how you slice it, the scales tend to tip in favor of the house, so go in expecting to lose a few dollars.
- Play the Odds: Is it a hunch or is it indigestion? You can never rely on a hunch when you’re gambling. However, you CAN maximize your odds by using proven mathematical strategies when placing your bets.
- Never Bet More Than You Can Afford to Lose: This one is a no-brainer. If you can only afford to lose $1,000, don’t make a $5,000 bet. You’re just setting yourself up for failure and a stressful night of trying to break even.
- Don’t Believe Betting Systems: Betting systems are structured approaches to gambling that increase your odds. For every reliable betting system out there, there are hundreds of bogus ones. Like we said before, only rely on proven mathematical strategies.
- Follow the Rules: In addition to the rules we’ve set forth for you, each casino has their own specific set of rules. Seek them out and follow them. (Pro Tip: Always tip when you receive good service.)
We can’t guarantee you’ll come out a winner, but by following these simple rules you’re sure to have an enjoyable gambling experience. Want some practice before hitting the tables? Host a casino party for your friends and family, complete with custom made fun-money! Our friendly dealers provide instruction for beginners, ensuring that everyone has a great time!
To learn more about Casinos by M&M and the entertainment and party planning services that we can offer, dial 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today.