Hosting a charity poker tournament is a great way to have some fun, all while helping out a great cause. Once you’ve decided which organization you’d like to raise money and awareness for, follow these four steps to get your event planning off to a good start.
Step 1: Select your venue. In this case, it might be difficult to choose a venue because you need people to sign up to participate first in order to know what to expect. On the other hand, you can’t expect people to sign up for an event when the location is still to be determined. As a safe bet, try to select a venue that can accommodate varying crowds. That way, as the event drawers closer, you can make adjustments to room size and setup as needed — hotels are usually a great option.
Step 2: Gather your supplies. You’ll need poker tables, cards, and chips for players, but you’ll also need seating for spectators. Make sure to select authentic poker equipment — just like the party supplies we offer here at Casinos by M&M! Always anticipate needing more seating and supplies rather than less. It’s a lot easier to remove tables and chairs than to put more in!
Step 3: Choose your prizes. Of course a large portion of your proceeds will go to charity, but you still need to provide some sort of a prize to entice people to participate. Consider an alluring grand prize, like a vacation package or a seat at the World Series of Poker! Make sure you have plenty of smaller prizes, like donated gift baskets or small cash prizes.
Step 4: Get the word out. Now that you’ve got the details settled, you’ll have to start promoting your event to guarantee a good turnout! There are plenty of free event listing sites on the web, and you may even be able to secure a pro bono spot in your local paper, as the event is for charity. Be sure to write a succinct press release and distribute it to you local news outlets as well.
Entertainment is key at an event like this, and as we mentioned, only an authentic poker setup will do. That’s why we encourage you to choose Casinos by M&M, and allow us to provide authentic casino excitement your guests will never forget!
So, you want to throw a casino party, but you’re not sure if the time is right. Lucily, casino parties are a great option for almost any occasion. If you’re planning an important milestone or fundraiser in the future, here are some of the best ways to incorporate some casino fun.
1. Birthday Party – Feeling lucky this year? Forget the cheesy birthday decorations and tired old ice cream cake routine and throw a casino birthday party that your friends and family will love. Whether you want to keep it simple with a poker table or two, or go all out with a large selection of games and slot machines, choosing to add some casino flair is sure-fire a birthday hit for all ages.
2. Bachelorette or Bachelor Party – Every bride and groom-to-be dreams of spending a wild weekend in Las Vegas for their last hurrah, but unfortunately not everyone can afford the time and money it costs to do so. That’s where we come in! A casino party can bring all of the authenticity and excitement of Las Vegas to your very own living room or preferred local venue.
3. Retirement Party – Wish your co-workers the best of luck in their retirement, starting with a lucky poker hand at a casino party. Office luncheons and dinners are a dime-a-dozen, but casino retirement parties provide excitement, laughter and memories to last a lifetime.
4. Fundraiser – We can’t think of a better way to keep your guests donating all night long! With a casino party fundraiser, your event will be a win-win: You can hit and hopefully exceed your fundraising goals, while your guest press their luck for a chance at winning great prizes for a good cause.
5. Wedding – When it comes to planning a memorable wedding, the number one factor is entertainment. Surprise your guests with a unique casino vibe, equipped with slot machines, blackjack, roulette and more! You can even personalize your fun-money to match the occasion.
At Casinos by M&M we have casino games to suit each and every one of your guests, and our experienced dealers are trained to provide step-by-step instruction for those willing to challenge themselves and try something new.
To learn more about the services and casino games we can provide, click here to view our website or call 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Google+ and Twitter for the latest in gaming tips and trends!
Planning and executing a successful fundraiser takes a lot of hard work and dedication. From event planning and promotion, to setup and problem solving on the day of the event, there’s a ton to keep track of! To make sure that you get everything just right, here are a few quick tips to follow to ensure that your next fundraiser is a hit:
1. Make your theme matter. Choose a theme that ties into your organization’s cause and relates to your audience. If your theme and efforts are mismatched, they will not come across as sincere and will not be well-recieved by your prospective donors. Once you’ve settled on a theme, don’t forget to give your fundraiser a nifty tagline! One great way to incorporate a casino party theme into any fundraiser is by encouraging your guests to “bet on” your cause.
2. Set creative, attainable goals. Some of the most successful fundraisers are structured with multiple mini-goals, leading up to one ultimate goal. This makes goals seem more attainable for your guests, making them more willing to donate. You can break your goal dollar amount into categorized sections or publicize specific rewards as certain points are reached. For example, you might tell your guests that although your goal is $10,000, when you reach $5,000 the company will personally donate X amount of money, or do something for the cause. Don’t be afraid to get creative!
3. Have great prizes and multiple ways to win. The driving factor for most fundraisers is the return on investment. Sure, your guests will receive the satisfaction of helping out a great cause, but walking away with something tangible is always a plus too! A casino fundraiser is a great way to keep the donations flowing all night. Giving your guests something to work towards personally, like the opportunity to win more fun money to purchase prizes or raffle tickets with, gives them incentive to keep the bets going in order to walk away with a great prize.
Whether you’re organizing a fundraiser for your school, church or organization, Casinos by M&M can help! We have years of experience helping many organizations plan exciting and successful fundraisers that combine corporate sponsorships with donated prizes. To learn more about why you should choose Casinos by M&M for your next fundraiser, dial 1-800-HAVE-A-BLAST today!